Years ago , we never really heard about low-calorie cooking! When it started to become popular, I thought, “nah, it’s just another fad.” Boy was I wrong! Low-calorie cooking has become its own global phenomenon. There are cookbooks, recipes designed specifically for low-cal meals. I used to think that using low-calorie ingredients would mean that there were fewer flavors to the meal. But it’s quite the opposite. If you use ingredients such as herbs, then there will be plenty of flavors.
Here are some tips for cooking low-calorie:
- Minimize the amount of fat
- Choose lean meats and poultry
- Use less sugar and limit the amount of sodium
- Try and make your ingredients flavorful
- And most of all, use a lot of vegetables
Do you have any other tips that you use?